Fantasy Baseball’s Pitching Line of the Week:

Stephen Strasburg (SP-WAS)  7 IP, 4H, 2R, 0 BB, 14 K, W

The long awaited Major League debut of Stephen Strasburg is officially over. The dust has settled, but some fans have yet to pick their chins off of the ground from the amazement that was a dominating fourteen strikeout performance.

Strasburg schooled the Pirates with remote like control of his blazing fastball, changeup and a curveball that had the Bucs’ knees bucklin’. What may have been more impressive was the velocity on his pitches as he progressed into the later innings, it never changed.

The only runs Stephen surrendered came on a two-run home run by Delwyn Young in the top of the fourth inning for Pittsburgh that also scored Neil Walker. Strasburg was awarded the National League Player of the Week award in his first full week in the Major Leagues.

He started two games, went 2-0, pitched 12.1 innings while posting a 2.19 ERA and striking out 22 batters. Good luck trying to acquire this guy in most fantasy baseball formats. He is currently owned in 92% of Y! Leagues. I wonder what the fools in the other 8% of Y! leagues are waiting for?

The “Double Dipper ” is a starting pitcher who will get two starts in the same week. Each Sunday we will preview top three options in each league and highlight streaming options for players owned in less than 50% of Y! leagues.

Top 3 NL Double Dippers:

Roy Halladay/PHI (@NYY, vs. MIN): He starts regardless of match-ups.
Josh Johnson/FLA (vs. TEX, vs. TB): 1 ER allowed in last five starts. Insanity.
Adam Wainwright/STL (@SEA, @OAK): 8.71 K/9, Ludicrous Ratios.

Top 3 AL Double Dippers:

David Price/TB (@ATL, @FLA): 1 ER in last two Starts. LOB% 81.3
Clay Bucholz/BOS (vs. ARI, vs. LAD): two Starts @Home. 3 ER in last three. Breakout.
CJ Wilson/TEX (@FLA, @HOU): 2-0 in last two. .226 BAA.

Warning: Streaming can be lethal. The following are owned in less than 50% of Y! leagues.

Carl Pavano/MIN (@NYM, vs. SEA): Solid ERA & WHIP. 3.69 K:BB
Justin Masterson/CLE (vs. NYM, @PIT): 2-0 in last three including two-hitting the BoSox.
Freddy Garcia/CWS (vs. HOU, vs. TOR): 3-0 in last three. 15:4 K:BB in that span. 

Don’t Touch ‘Em

Brad Lincoln, Ian Snell, Kyle Davies, John Lannan 

Week 10 One Start Stars Owned in 50% or Less

Clayton Richard /SD 48% Y! – Saturday vs. BAL (Millwood): 4-1 w/2.29 ERA over last nine  
Fausto Carmona /CLE 26% Y! – Friday @PIT (Maholm): Tossed a CG, 3 H, 1 ER Gem last turn.

Who will be the best Two-Start Pitcher owned in 50% or less in week 11?
Will Stephen Strasburg continue to live up to the hype?
Leave a comment, or reply to us on Twitter

Make sure to check out our weekly Two-Start Pitchers and Must or Bust Analysis on

Read more MLB news on